accumulo-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo compare to HBase
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 02:41:35 GMT
I think first and foremost, how has writing your application been? Is it
something you can easily onboard other people for? Does it seem stable
enough? If you can answer those questions positively, I think you have a
winning situation.

The big three Hadoop vendors (Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR) all provide
some level of support for Accumulo, so it has the pedigree of other members
of the Hadoop ecosystem.

Regarding the performance, I think Mike's presentation needs some context.
He can definitely provide more context than the rest of us (and possibly
Sean or Bill |-|), but I think one thing he was driving home is that out of
the box, Accumulo is configured to run on someone's laptop. There are
adjustments to be made when running at any scale greater than a dev machine
and they may not be documented clearly.