accumulo-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: Meaning of < in METADATA table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 02:21:06 GMT
< is a byte used for doing an ordering on rows that share the same prefix.

There was a presentation floating around on the specifics of the metadata
table at one point. I believe that helps tablet information sort before the
last tablet, which is suffixed with '~', to force it to sort after the
other tablets. We'll probably get an Eric or Keith email soon laying down
the law, but that's what I remember.