accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support upgrading 1.4 -> 1.6 w/o going through 1.5?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:56:50 GMT
My main concern would be the risk of destabilizing 1.6.x by reintroducing
upgrade code to support upgrading from both 1.4.x and 1.5.x. So long as
that risk is mitigated by making the changeset minimal and thorough
review/testing, I see no issue with providing a direct upgrade path from
1.4.x/1.5.x -> 1.6.1. I wouldn't want to make it a precedent, though. It's
hard enough supporting upgrades from one prior version.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii