accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I troubleshoot this?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:13:39 GMT
All,

I am getting a "connection refused" when trying to connect to Accumulo
remotely.  Everything works when the connection attempt is local.  I can
remotely connect using the zkCli, which shows my accumlo instance is there.
 I can connect locally of course with the shell.

I get an IOException that says connection refused at the following line:

TTimeoutTransport...

48> socket.connect(addr);

where addr=/127.0.0.1:9997

I have ports 2181, 9000 opened up to the outside, and both show a listener.
 I am not aware that port 9997 should be opened as well.

It appears to be looping calling the aforementioned line of code
repeatedly.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

--