accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo compare to HBase
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:42:02 GMT
Jianshi!

The choice of Accumulo vs HBase often comes down to the specifics of a use
case and the deployment environment.

Could you describe your use case some?

Does your organization have an existing investment (e.g. cluster, ops
personnel, dev personnel) in either Accumulo or HBase?

FWIW, the cell-level visibility support in HBase 0.98 is still very new.
All of the APIs related to it are still marked as Evolving even in 0.98.3,
so they may still change without deprecation[1].

Additionally, the semantics of the HBase cell visibilities is slightly
different from Accumulo, in ways that may impact some use cases. It's hard
to say if it will impact you until we know about your use case.

[1]: http://hbase.apache.org/book/developing.html#d3246e14842

--
Sean