accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support upgrading 1.4 -> 1.6 w/o going through 1.5?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:42:22 GMT
Unfortunately, the way we do updates to the metadata table makes a
standalone utility problematic.

The current implementation relies on the LocalWALRecovery utility to handle
the "move files to HDFS" step and then does the metadata / zk updates in
the master start up the same way we do for other existing upgrade steps.

-Sean

--
Sean