accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Set AccumuloFileOutputFormat to save data to HDFS files instead of writing to Accumulo directly
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 08:21:14 GMT
Hi all,

I saw this line in
accumulo-1.6.0/examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/examples/simple/mapreduce/bulk/BulkIngestExample.java

  AccumuloFileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(opts.workDir +
"/files"));

However, it seems setOutputPath is not in 1.6.0

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/mapreduce/AccumuloOutputFormat.html

So how can I write the mutations to HDFS files? I think it might be faster
to import using importdirectory command.

BTW, I think it's fastest to import if the mutation files are already
(partially) sorted and partitioned, makes sense?

--
Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi
Twitter: @jshuang