accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo compare to HBase
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 07:52:51 GMT
+ another 2cents myself

I think one innovative way to use the visibility tag is for version
controls in development. I can set, say, "alpha", "beta", "released"
visibility tags to each cell and set different users in testing and
production. Looks like this will simplify testing a lot.

i.e.
- production user: "production"
- beta testing user: "beta" && "production"
- alpha testing user: "alpha" && "beta" && "production"

BTW, will they be counted as same record with different version? Or
different records?

Does that make sense?

Jianshi