accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo compare to HBase
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:16:03 GMT
Hi David,

Having all data in one table can be beneficial.

Imagine you added some new metadata, or added some new indexes. You want to
beta testing your next version using real/production data, while keep the
existing version working. With different visibility settings they can work
on the same table.

But maybe having a replication (or subset) is a better approach, as it will
guarantee safety to the production data...

Jianshi

--
Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi