accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo - Oozie Workflow Job Submission Error
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:02:28 GMT
It looks like the error you provided is failing on the instantiation of
TraceProtocolFactory which extends TCompactProtocol.Factory.

For whatever reason, the version of TCompactProtocol.Factory that is
being found is final, and thus TraceProtocolFactory cannot be instantiated.

Pulling up the source for Thrift-0.9.0, we can find the declaration of
the Factory class in TCompactProtocol ("public static class Factory
implements TProtocolFactory") which definitely doesn't have any final
modifier.

In short, I would recommend that you inspect your classpath and ensure
that you do not have a different version of Thrift being leaked in from
some other project than Accumulo.