accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Kepner <kep...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo compare to HBase
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:37:22 GMT
Performance is probably the largest difference between Accumulo and HBase.

Accumulo can ingest/scan at a rate of 800K entries/sec/node.
This performance scales well into the hundreds of nodes to deliver
100M+ entries/sec.

There are no recent HBase benchmarks and none in the peer-reviewed literature.
Old data suggests that HBase performance is ~1% of Accumulo performance.

In short, one can often replace a 20+ node database with
a single node Accumulo database.