accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Tiffany Reid <tr...@eoir.com>
Subject RE: Updating Metadata of a Table
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 22:08:43 GMT
Josh,

I believe you are correct.  I'm looking through another 3rd party code that extends  GeoTools
AbstractDataStore class for use with Accumulo.

Tiffany

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:05 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Updating Metadata of a Table

What exactly is the metadata that you want to update? It sounds like this might be a part
of what is provided by this GeoTools product. Not sure.

There aren't any built-in metadata attributes in 1.4. The data in the !METADATA table is used
to track which servers are hosting what parts of each table, the files in HDFS that make up
each table, etc. Maybe GeoTools is tracking their own metadata in a custom table?