accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Seidl, Ed" <sei...@llnl.gov>
Subject stupid/dangerous batch load question
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 17:49:47 GMT
I have a large amount of data that I am batch loading into accumulo.  I'm using mapreduce to
read in chunks of data and write out rfiles to be loaded with importdirectory.  I've noticed
that the import will hang for longer and longer times as more data is added.  For instance,
one table, which currently has ~2500 tablets, now takes around 2 hours to process the importdirectory.

In poking around in the source for TableOperationsImpl (1.5.0), I see that there is an option
to not wait on certain operations (like compact).  Would it be dangerous to (optionally) return
immediately from importdirectory, and instead check the fail directory to detect errors in
the import?  I know this will eventually cause a backup in the staging directories, but is
there any potential to corrupt the tables?

Thanks,
Ed