accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete All Data In Table
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 13:47:27 GMT
Not really, you enumerated the options pretty thoroughly :)

BatchDeleter is slow like you said due to pulling back all of the data to
the client and issuing deletes from there.

You could get the splits for your table (just in memory or write to disk if
they won't fit) and just re-add the splits after.

You could also try setting the DevNullIterator on the table for major
compaction and then compact it. This is just a little round about.