accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Pagination in Accumulo (also D4M Data Explorer!)
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 19:19:14 GMT
While working on the D4M Data Explorer (
https://github.com/medined/D4M_Schema) web application, I started thinking
about how to paginate. The results are at
https://github.com/medined/D4M_Schema/blob/master/docs/pagination.md. I'll
reproduce only the first paragraph below since I don't want you to miss out
on my cool images.

- First Paragraph -
Pagination in Accumulo is not simple. Pages are not deterministic since the
data can be constantly changing. Also authorization levels can change the
number of returned results. Another consideration is that Accumulo tables
can only be scanned forwards and not backwards. With these factors in mind,
I am implementing the following technique. I hope the community can point
out flaws and provide improvements.
---

Several people helped to review the page via private emails. Thanks! If you
want credit, please step-up and self-identify.

p.s. - The D4M Data Explorer is not too existing just yet. But it should
get better. If you're interested I'd be glad for any help.