accumulo-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: Delete All Data In Table
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 18:08:48 GMT
I don't think this has been directly said, but setting DevNull or an age
off iterator compaction time will mean you have to read all of your data.
You're doing it in parallel, but still evaluating all the data against the
iterator.

Also, are you trying to do this with 0 downtime-- ie, will clients write
data during the compaction period? I think that might cause issues if
another compaction is queued while you have DevNull set as the compaction
iterator, and possibly age off.