accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject I read this was possible but how?
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 14:02:09 GMT
I need to update a value, a numeric value, in Accumulo where the result is
the sum of the old and the new as opposed to the new simply replacing the
old.

I read in a white paper that it is possible but it didn't say how.  I
Googled and found a bit about Accumulo keeping a history that could be
summed.  Yes, I knew about the history so I suppose that might work.  But
it apparently requires compaction.  Really! At first blush, this doesn't
sound like such a solid solution.

My question is, Is this summing-of-the-history the way to achieve my
desired result or is there a better way?  Either way, how do you do that?

Thanks
--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts