accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Schwartz <abigbears...@gmail.com>
Subject Query Services Layer Question
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 02:29:32 GMT
Rookie Question...  I've built a Query Service Layer (QSL) according to the
documentation from the Accumulo v1.6.0 User Manual.  My question is how
often should I be getting a Zoo Keeper Instance and Connector to accumulo.
 For example, here's some psuedo code for a typical service in my QSL.

public void readTable(...) {
    Instance instance = new ZooKeeperInstance(accumuloInstanceName,
zooServers);
    Connector connector = instance.getConnector(username, passwordToken);
    Scanner scanner = connector.getScanner(tableName, auths);
    Scanner.setRange(range);
    for (Map.Entry<Key,Value> entry : scanner) {
    }
    scanner.close();
}

If I do these lines of code for every call in my restful service, then I
feel like that is generating a lot of extra connections to both zookeeper
and accumulo.  Additionally, I would assume that that will have a negative
impact on performance.  Should I cache any connectors or ZooKeeper
instances?

Any suggestions or best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schwartz