accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I read this was possible but how?
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 15:14:02 GMT
See the "Combiners" section of the user manual:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_combiners

It does not require a compaction if the combiner is configured on all
scopes; the summing will happen on the fly at scan time until it is
persisted in a compaction.  You can read more about scopes earlier in the
same section of the manual:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_iterators