accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenTSDB
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 20:57:15 GMT
It is being maintained.  I have tried very hard not to modify the core
OpenTSDB to support it.  But, it would be nice if we could define a
storage-independent layer to which it could adhere.

I don't believe the OTSDB team is interested, but a basic scalable back-end
abstraction would be nice.  As would a standard java build environment, but
that doesn't seem to be wanted, either.

We could work towards a common storage abstraction, which would be a
reasonable request.

Zipkin does a good job of being storage independent.  I would work towards
their model.

-Eric