accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trace log
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 20:55:24 GMT
Your request can cause some spans to start asynchronously.  Also, spans are
sent to the tracer asynchronously.  The result is that some of the spans
may not be recorded by the time that your request finishes.  When this
happens, children of those requests will exist, but their parent spans are
not found.  The shell retries a few times with a small wait, but it will
give up and just print the child spans not knowing what started them.

It can also be a bug in the trace logic.  A span that was opened, but never
closed, for example.

-Eric