accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFiles not referenced in !METADATA [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 15:09:23 GMT
If a file is unreferenced anywhere in the metadata table, then there's
probably a bug, and I can easily imagine it would go undetected.

There are small moments in time when a file is ready to be used, and the
tablet server dies, which would create an unreferenced file.

As noted in ACCUMULO-2381<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2381>
the
GC should look for these abandoned files periodically.  Right now the GC
just removes files that have references in the metadata table (delete
markers).

-Eric