accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Slater, David M." <David.Sla...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject Document-Partitioned Indexing - Optimizing Mutation Size
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 14:53:22 GMT
Hi, quick question,

I’m attempting to optimize the ingest rates for a document-partitioned table. I am currently
presplitting the tables and have even spread of data across tablet servers. However, I was
wondering if changing the size of mutations would have a major impact on the ingest rates.
Currently, I’m batchwriting with one mutation per document (fairly small documents, e.g.
tweets), but since everything is organized by bins, I could create much larger mutations.
Would there be a benefit on the ingest side to doing so, such as reducing tablet contention?
Or will that push the complexity to the ingestors?

Best,
David