accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: OpenTSDB
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 00:20:40 GMT
"Commands" like scan, put, create table, etc.

It would respond to hbase thrift and pretend it was hbase.... But it is using accumulo behind
the scenes. basically be a translation layer. There are obviously some things that don't translate.

I presume you could do something across all of the big table implementations.

> On May 11, 2014, at 7:33 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please define "hbase commands".
>

>> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Donald Miner <dminer@clearedgeit.com> wrote:
>> Crazy/bad idea I've had before.... we could develop a hbase->accumulo proxy that
receives basic hbase commands and then writes out accumulo.

>>> On May 11, 2014, at 4:57 PM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is being maintained.  I have tried very hard not to modify the core OpenTSDB
to support it.  But, it would be nice if we could define a storage-independent layer to which
it could adhere.

>>> I don't believe the OTSDB team is interested, but a basic scalable back-end abstraction
would be nice.  As would a standard java build environment, but that doesn't seem to be wanted,
either.