accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: OpenTSDB
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 00:56:42 GMT
We are having a hackathon the day of during the conference. Not exclusive to the idea of having
a separate hack day the day before. I know some of us are participating in the conference
and can't participate in the hackathon.

> On May 11, 2014, at 8:41 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Don,
>
> Yeah I was thinking covering most of the bigtable implementations at the source level
would be an easy place to start.

> Any interest in organizing a hack day near the Accumulo Summit to try to get an initial
implementation done?

> --
> Sean
>
>> On May 11, 2014 7:28 PM, "Donald Miner" <dminer@clearedgeit.com> wrote:
>> "Commands" like scan, put, create table, etc.
>>
>> It would respond to hbase thrift and pretend it was hbase.... But it is using accumulo
behind the scenes. basically be a translation layer. There are obviously some things that
don't translate.

>> I presume you could do something across all of the big table implementations.
>>
>>> On May 11, 2014, at 7:33 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Please define "hbase commands".

proxy that receives basic hbase commands and then writes out accumulo.

OpenTSDB to support it.  But, it would be nice if we could define a storage-independent layer
to which it could adhere.

abstraction would be nice.  As would a standard java build environment, but that doesn't seem
to be wanted, either.

as an alternative to HBase back end.