accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote connections to Accumulo
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 19:40:37 GMT
Oops, looks like -zi and -zh were added in 1.6.0.

You could try doing the following instead:

`accumulo shell -u root -z your_instance_name zkhost`

Where you should substitute in the proper values for
"your_instance_name" and the hostname for your VM for "zkhost"
(localhost might work here because ZK binds to all interfaces on a machine).

Generally though, it might be easier to start your NameNode using the
hostname for your VM (really, so it binds to the remote interface for
the VM instead of localhost) and then configure Accumulo to use the
hostname as well. This should allow you to get access from outside of
that VM without doing trickery like this.