accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pagination in Accumulo (also D4M Data Explorer!)
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 00:43:35 GMT
Reverse scanning isn't necessarily infeasible:

This might be something cool that could be implemented to make this sort
of thing easiser.

The pagination isolation you mention in Approach B is interesting. I'm
curious as to how clone'ing tables would work to get you this. I imagine
for a highly active system (read and write) this would start to break
down pretty quickly.

I think having a "loose" interpretation of the actual page you're on
would be easiest to implement without omitting data (your "next?"). This
would be a bit easier with a reverse scanner. The "page" then becomes a
bit of a guess -- really, it's just a guess at the section of records
being viewed (e.g. 20% behind and 80% forward). That might make for a
more honest pagination view instead of explicitly listing page numbers
which you know will change.

Have you considered creating a reverse row index to get around the lack
of a reverse scanner?