accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <Bob.Thor...@l-3com.com>
Subject RE: Delete All Data In Table
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 14:16:00 GMT
If deleting data is something you do regularly, consider using the AgeOff iterator (or similar
customer iterator based on your data) to keep older data systematically purged with the compactions.
 This way you don't incur the overhead of one large batch process.

-----Original Message-----
From: BlackJack76 [mailto:justin.loy@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 8:31 AM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Delete All Data In Table

Besides using the tableOperations to deleteRows or delete the table entirely, what is the
fastest way to delete all data in a table?  I am currently using a BatchDeleter but it is
extremely slow when I have a large amount of data.
Any better options?

I don't want to use the tableOperations because both the deleteRows and delete blow away the
splits.  I would like to keep the splits in place.

Appreciate your thoughts!