accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject 200k fate locks in zookeeper [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 23:48:34 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

I'm seeing an issue caused by there being almost 200k fate locks in zookeeper.  The problem
is that zookeeper is configured to return no more than 1mb of data for each query.  When the
Accumulo master queries the fate directory on startup the response exceeds the 1mb limit and
zookeeper disconnects the session.  Accumulo then retries the query, and it all happens again.
 We have managed to increase the query limit for the zkcli client using the jute.maxbuffer
setting, but are not clear how to setup Accumulo to use the larger query size when calling
the zookeeper jar.  We tried setting this through the zoo.cfg, but it doesn't seem to make
a difference.

For completeness, the reason there are so many fate locks is because the Accumulo binaries
were inadvertantly deleted while ingest and queries were running :( which has left things
in this state.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Matt