accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject How to speed up table compaction [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 22:43:03 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

I'm trying to compact a table and have had a queue of 60,000 compactions with only 800 running
at a time.  This has now been running for 4 days and only decreased the queue by 8,000.

I've increased tserver.compaction.major.concurrent.max=12 and stopped all ingest but not seen
a change in progress.  Are there other accumulo settings I can alter to improve this?  I also
saw tserver.compaction.major.thread.files.open.max=10 should this be increased?

Thanks in advance,
Matt