accumulo-user mailing list archives

From BlackJack76 <justin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete All Data In Table
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 14:12:30 GMT
Thanks William and Josh!

Your suggestion of saving and reapplying the splits was something I was
doing previously and it worked great.  However, I wrote a custom tablet
balancer that doesn't balance the tables (long story so I won't bore you
with details).  Instead, I do all my balancing from my client.  Therefore,
the splits need to be in place when Accumulo starts.  If I delete the table
or the rows then I need to restart Accumulo to have them applied which is
not desirable.  Like I said, long story.

I am not familiar with the DevNullIterator.  I will have to look into that.

Also, do you know if I could attach some sort of custom RowFilter to the
table that would do the trick?

Thanks again!