accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bulk ingest without mapred
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:17:33 GMT
You're still a bit confused :). John's link might help too to read.

The "FileSystem" I referred to originally is a class provided by HDFS.
It has multiple implementations (notably the LocalFileSystem and
DistributedFileSystem) which are returned when you use
FileSystem.get(...) based on the contents of the Configuration object
pulled in by the hdfs configuration files (core-site.xml and
hdfs-site.xml). A complete programmatic API is available via HDFS --
this is what Accumulo uses.

Regarding your most recent error, you should be providing a directory
of RFiles. Not sure what's in the text file you provided, or what you
intended it to do...