accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Start Three-node Accumulo Cluster in Four Minutes
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:46:18 GMT
https://github.com/medined/Accumulo_1_5_0_By_Vagrant - this recent spate of
activity on the mailing list encouraged me to revisit this project. Also
the new version of Vagrant makes it super easy to to package a Virtual
Machine into a box for later re-use.

Starting a three-node cluster using my original steps took over 30 minutes.
However, once the cluster is working, you can follow the newly added
instructions to create your own .box files. Once you have you have those
.box files, you can re-create the cluster inside of four minutes.

Alternatively, I have the three .box files available on S3, but because
they are about 700MB each they have the 'requestor pays' attribute set.

  https://s3.amazonaws.com/accumulo.1.5.0.by.vagrant/affy-master.box
  https://s3.amazonaws.com/accumulo.1.5.0.by.vagrant/affy-slave1.box
  https://s3.amazonaws.com/accumulo.1.5.0.by.vagrant/affy-slave2.box

If anyone wants to provide free hosting, feel free to grab them and provide
a free link.