accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Corey Nolet <cjno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 00:34:01 GMT
Geoffry,

What OSGi container are you using currently? The servicemix Hadoop bundle
should get you going with the Hadoop client dependencies at least [1]. It
looks like one of the servicemix guys created a Hadoop ticket for making
bundles of their jars as well [2], though it doesn't look like there's been
any movement on it.

I recently had to get the CDH3u4 client code working in Karaf. A good
starting place for me was [3], however I did need to make updates to
versions of many of the dependencies to get it functioning as expected. [3]
will get you at least started with dependent bundles and the proper
imports/exports to get it working.

I've got the Accumulo client running in OSGi. If I recall correctly,
versions 1.4 and above do not split packages across jars so it's really
just a matter of getting the dependencies right. Zookeeper also ships as a
bundle [4].

Hope this helps.

[1]
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.hadoop-core/