accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 15:22:48 GMT
Thank you Corey,

I was unaware of the service mix Hadoop client.  It's funny that no one on
the Hadoop list ever mentioned it.

You say you have 1.4 working in OSGi. Did you do a proper port or just wrap
it with something like bnd?   I have Hadoop 2.3.0 so I need to use Accumulo
1.5.1.  I'm glad to hear the bane of split packages has been put asunder.

I am using equinox for now.  Most of my legacy code in based on bndtools
and I exercise it in equinox.  I've used equinox in the past for production
and things went well.

I just grabbed the Hadoop core & client from service mix then zookeeper. At
the least, they were accepted into my bndtools repository as valid bundles.
 I noticed that a number of the usual Hadoop dependencies are in service
mix as well so I sense a glimmer of hope. Wrt Accumulo, I think I'll take a
stab at either wrapping or porting core, frame, start, and trace to OSGi
and see how much trouble I get into.

It's either do the above or abandon OSGi altogether for this project.

My objective is to persist EMF object graphs into Accumulo.  These graphs
were built by others and are based on ISO standards so I need to walk the
straight and narrow and not drop a stitch.  I have code that does what I
need (persist any graph sight unseen) into MongoDB.  I need to adapt said
code to Accumulo. All the above is OSGi based so it would really help if I
can keep the Accumulo end of things in OSGi as well.

Wish me well