accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:27:47 GMT
Ahh,  let me try and address where I might have gone off the linguistic
reservation.

bndtools -- is an eclipse plugin that is very helpful when developing OSGi
bundles.  It does a lot of grimy, boilerplate things for you.

inlining -- is where one places dependent *.jar files inside the OSGi
bundle and therefore on said bundle's class path.  It tends to promote
bloated bundles--not in the spirit of OSGi--but sometimes necessary.

componentizing -- is the business of converting a class into a component.
 In the bndtools way of doing things, this can be a easy as annotating a
class with @Component.

bundle -- You probably know what this is already, but I'll include it for
good measure.  A bundle is a body of code that is on the same class path,
and often acts as a service to there bundles.

I don't know what could be done upstream other that making Accumulo's
client OAGI ready.  Would we like to do that?