accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 15:49:38 GMT
Corey,

Interesting you have Hadoop working in Karaf.  I'm using equinox.  It also
sounds as if I don't need to access HFDS in order to get Accumulo to work
in OSGi. If I understand you correctly, I only need have Text available.
 I'll look into that. It does answer my question and maybe I can avoid the
JAAS mishmash.

I have been using OSGi off and on for a few years now. Close on to 100% of
my troubles has always been with getting 3rd party libraries working.
 Accumulo/Hadoop is only the latest round.

I'm gearing to do some major work based on Accumulo.  It's security,
scaleability, relationship to Hadoop's HDFS and MR all conspire to make it
attractive.  But creating an uberbundle? I'm sure I could get it working as
a proof of concept, but will it play in prime-time?

How hard would it be to make a proper Accumulo bundle?  Would the community
accept it?

Thanks

So far as my travails with JAAS is concerned, I did this in my bndtools
*.bndrun file:

-runproperties:
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=com.sun.security.auth.module

I also tried:
Import-Package: com.sun.security.auth.module
in my bundle that calls Hadoop.

Both of these were advised by one of the bndtools gurus--neither worked.
 When I did the Import-Package other things broke.