accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bennight <ch...@slowcar.net>
Subject Re: Common Big Data Architecture Writeup
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:08:01 GMT
I'm not getting what exactly the "Common Big Data Architecture" is?

Is it just a term that describes any system that has the 7 components
Jeremy mentioned (fs, ingest, DB, analytics, web services, resource
scheduler, elastic compute)?   If so, what's the significance of naming
this collection?

And how exactly is D4M related to this?   (I understand it (D4M) hits a
subset of those features, but don't think it encompasses all of those)

Apologies if these are obtuse questions, I just feel like I"m not
comprehending what information is trying to be conveyed?