accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:28:01 GMT
On 4/7/14, 10:07 AM, Geoffry Roberts wrote:
> My original question remains: Is the Accumulo Client dependent on the
> Hadoop Client fully?  This determination can be made through trial and
> error.  But I'm looking to leverage OPE (other people's experience) if
> it exists.

I thought someone had already said this (but I may be confusing
threads): the Accumulo API uses Text throughout. Hadoop is a required
dependency.

> In the same spirit, does anyone know if all the following are required
> to run an Accumulo Client? core, fate, start, trace?  If I attempt to
> OSGify, I'm trying to figure how much trouble am I getting into.

Yes, that should be about it from within Accumulo. You might need some
other foss dependencies also available, but I'm not aware on what your
"container" (or w/e the proper terminology would be) provides.