accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting Column Family
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 19:58:10 GMT
If you really want to re-implement it using Mutations on your own, you
can, but this is what the BatchDeleter is already doing for you.

You can use a (Batch)Scanner and a BatchWriter to read Key-Values,
create new Mutations from those Key-Values, and then submit them as
deletes with the BatchWriter. This is what the BatchDeleter is already
doing.

The 'new Authorizations("myauths")' was to remind you that, if you have
non-empty visibilities on the data you are reading, you need to provide
the correct authorizations to see that data. If you have empty
visibilities, you can just provide 'new Authorizations()'.