accumulo-user mailing list archives

From BlackJack76 <justin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write to table from Accumulo iterator
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 03:05:04 GMT
Thanks again Josh.

The way I have been approaching it is to create/use/close the BatchWriter
inside of the seek method when I need it.  Do you see any issues with this
approach?

Call me naive but why don't you know when Accumulo is going to tear down
your iterator and stop using it?  When I attach an iterator to a scanner,
isn't it only destroyed after I complete my scan?

What I have observed is something similar to the following....

init is called on creation

seek is called where you need to have the first K,V pair at the end of seek

hasTop, getTopKey, and getTopValue are called

next is called as long as hasTop is true

Once hasTop is false, the scan concludes