accumulo-user mailing list archives

From BlackJack76 <justin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom TabletBalancer
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2014 15:18:56 GMT
Follow up to myself....

I was previously using my custom TabletBalancer as the
master.tablet.balancer.  However, when I use the TableLoadBalancer as the
master.tablet.balancer and use my custom balancer in table.balancer then
everything makes more sense.  getAssignments now never seems to be called
when the unassigned map size is 0.

The problem I have now is that when I create the table then getAssignments
is called with one tablet.  Next, I perform the splits (which splits it into
32 tablets).  getAssignments is never called for these splits so I don't
have a chance to assign the tablets to a particular tablet server.

Again, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know.  Thanks in advance!