accumulo-user mailing list archives

From pdread <paul.r...@siginttech.com>
Subject Stream fed accumulo
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:10:44 GMT
Hi

This has been bothering me for some time, and I suspect its a dumb question,
but what the heck.

The accumulo client API only accepts byte[] or Text as its Mutation input.
Would it be possible to
use a Stream instead (devlopers?)? If I'm processing streams, which I am,
and I have to handle files to the tune
of 10GB, which I would like to store in Accumulo but I have read I cannot,
it would save memory
footprint on my tomcats if I could stream my data into accumulo and not deal
with bytes/text.

Oh and accumulo developers while you're at adding this new feature it would
be nice if the bulk loads could
append instead of just replace the tables....would be nice.

Thanks

Paul