accumulo-user mailing list archives

From pdread <paul.r...@siginttech.com>
Subject Re: bulk ingest without mapred
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 14:46:04 GMT
This is where my limited knowledge of Accumulo/hadoop is not so good.

After running the mapreduce examples and seeing how it defines the files and
directories it was my assumption that was under the control of Hadoop
FileSystem as to what to do with the files. Now sitting here thinking about
it I did notice mapreduce created a user area where it was placing files.

So how using hadoop FS would I define a working area that accumulo proper
would know about?

This is how I call the importDirectory

getAdmin().getConnector().tableOperations().
	importDirectory(name(), "bulk/entities/load",
"bulk/entities_fails/failures", false);

Thanks

Paul