accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: Write to table from Accumulo iterator
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:45:41 GMT
We've been thinking about doing this as well for the exact same use case.

We've been considering doing what you are suggesting from a constraint, not a iterator. This
way it gets written to the index right away. Basically the constraint writes and then returns
true on success. Kind of worried about performance implications.

We are also considering writing to a local buffer outside of accumulo tablet servers and then
flushing periodically with a batchwriter. It's just more work.

I want to do this because I don't think my clients can keep up with parsing load and and additional
network load and i'd like to push this work to my cluster.