accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it safe / advisable to increase Zookeeper timeout?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:01:00 GMT
Greetings folks,
It seems network woes will never go away for this Accumulo 1.4.2 project :-(

They rebooted one of the two "redundant switches" last night, but of course
zero redundancy actually took place and the Master lost his zookeeper lock
as did one of the Datanodes after 60 seconds and shut itself down.

The 60 second period is odd, because I see that instance.zookeeper.timeout
is actually set to 30s, but I do recall that often by default zookeeper
clients retry 2 times before bailing so maybe that's why.

My question: is it safe / advisable to increase the zookeeper timeout to,
say, 60 seconds?  Where can I set that in a file to ensure the change is
durable?

Thanks in advance,
Tery