accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject Deep-copying RowFilter
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:38:45 GMT
Hi,

org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.RowFilter doesn't have a deepCopy
method, which seems to mean that I can't chain multiple RowFilters together.

Looking at some examples (GrepIterator, SortedKeyIterator) it seems pretty
easy to provide an implementation of deepCopy, the only thing that concerns
me is this part of the javadoc: "Creates a deep copy of this iterator *as
though seek had not yet been called*". There are a bunch of conditions
where RowFilter.skipRows will call seek() on the source iterator and
decision iterator.

Is the missing implementation of deepCopy just an oversight or are there
complications here? Where should I look to better understand how/when/why
accumulo will call my iterator's deepCopy method?

Thanks,
-Russ