accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject Filters and ScannerBase.fetchColumn
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 22:36:50 GMT
Sorry for the flood of e-mails... I'm not trying to spam the list, I'm just
getting deeper into accumulo, and loving it, and I'm kind of stumped by it
at the same time.

Is it true that if a scanner restricts the column families/qualifiers to be
returned, that these columns are not visible to any iterators? ie. that
this restriction is applied at a higher "priority" than any of the
iterators?

I have some rows that look like this:

000200001cdaac30 meta:size []    656
000200001cdaac30 meta:source []    data2
000200001cfaac30 meta:filename []    doc04484522
000200001cfaac30 meta:size []    565
000200001cfaac30 meta:source []    data2
000200001dcaac30 meta:filename []    doc03342958

I have a couple of RowFilters chained together to filter based on source
and filename. If I just run "scan --columns meta:size" I get no results. I
have to specify "scan --columns meta:size,meta:source,meta:filename" to get
any results, which implies that I need to know beforehand which columns are
required for any active iterators.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks,
-Russ