accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "NOT" operator in visibility string
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:59:41 GMT
Me personally, think no. Eric summarized the issues with having it
pluggable pretty well-
"What would it mean if you allowed NOT labels, and then changed the
parameter?  Would you treat the labels as illegal?

I don't want to explain to accumulo administrators that they should never
turn that switch on to solve their visibility puzzle.  I don't want to
explain to an investigator that a little used switch was mistakenly used to
implement a poor visibility policy that allowed someone to see data they
should not have seen."