accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly>
Subject Apache Accumulo Podcast & Development Enviornment
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:42:33 GMT
Hi, I had the pleasure speaking with Adam Fuchs for an All Things Hadoop
Podcast
http://allthingshadoop.com/2014/03/13/big-data-with-apache-accumulo-preserving-security-with-open-source/about
Apache Accumulo yesterday.

In prep for the call I created a virtual development environment of
Accumulo https://github.com/stealthly/hdp-accumulo that folks might find
useful any feedback on that would be appreciated... I am hopping to give it
more of a spin myself in the next few weeks at a client.

I don't think people realize how powerful Iterators really are it is like
having Storm built into HBase already proven out in production many times
over.  Streaming MapReduce, cool.

Thoughts, comments, questions, feedback, tomatoes, whatever, let me know,
thanks!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC